Comprised of 84 homes, the Lake Sherwood neighborhood in mid-town Fort Collins was built between 1970 and 1983, and boasts one of the only lakes (Nelson Reservoir) in the center of the city. Besides Williams Lake nearby and Warren Lake to the south, you would have to go north to the Fort Collins Country Club area, west to Horsetooth Reservoir, or south to Fossil Creek Reservoir to live near waterfront. Why do I like this neighborhood so much?
1. The Lake Sherwood community took 13 years to build out, and so the architecture is not cookie cutter like other neighborhoods.
2. Walking distance to the Power Trail for biking, walking, and running.
3. Neighborhood schools are Shepardson Elementary, Boltz Middle School, and Fort Collins High School.
4. Sprouts Market, King Soopers and the Shops at Rigden Farm are all within a few blocks.
5. Situated off of Drake and between Lemay and Timberline, residents love the easy access to Colorado State University, Jessup Farm, Edora Park and EPIC, Foothills Mall, Ascent Climbing, and I-25, as well as local eateries like Rise!, Genoa Coffee and Wine, Serious Texas BBQ, Dutch Bros Coffee, Josh & John's Ice Cream, Jessup Farm Barrel House, The Farmhouse at Jessup Farm, Bindle Coffee, and Cacciatorore at Heller's Kitchen.
6. No Metro District Tax and the HOA is only about $450 per year!
7. Mature landscaping.
8. Access to the lake with non-motorized fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding all possible.
9. Architectural variety abounds, with everything from detached garages to multi-story and ranch houses.
10. Price! Lake Sherwood still offers exceptional value compared to other communities in Fort Collins, with condos and townhomes in Sherwood Shores as well as single detached houses as small as 1130 square feet, or as big as 3300 square feet in Lake Sherwood.
Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss your move into or out of Northern Colorado. Thank you!
James Sack, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
1109 Oak Park Drive | Fort Collins, CO 80525
C: (970) 217-9705 | O: (970) 223-6500 | E: James.Sack@coloradohomes.com | W: www.JamesSack.com